The rogue Cerberus freighter shouldn’t have guns that big…but no one bothered to tell them that.
Your ‘tour’ of the Galaxy was supposed to be over. It was time to get out of the action and put your heads straight. However, the Alliance managed to convince your Captain, a willy old Salarian named Vesser Gax, to take one last mission…
The mission was a simple run of critical medi-gel components to a small human colony in the Hoc System would mean the difference between life and death for hundreds of colonists and wouldn’t hurt your bank accounts either.
Unfortunately, Cerberus splinter cells had plans for the colony as well. With their leadership in tatters, this cell has been reduced to slaving. Your crew managed to drop off the supplies minutes after the Cerberus freighter left, having abducted almost three dozen colonists to sell on the slave market or experiment on.
Captain Vesser spent all of ten seconds assessing the situation and then ordered the Vindicator to chase down the enemy freighter in a dangerous attempt to save the captured colonists.
Vesser paid for his nobility in blood. A sickeningly powerful blast from the freighter tore through the Vindicator’s hull and fatally wounded Vesser and his second in command. The emergency containment fields are holding, but your ship is terribly damaged and in a stroke of terrible luck, the Vindicator command structure was ruined.
You have approximately 30 seconds to decide whether to commence the boarding action in an attempt to save the colonists or peel away and surely save more, if not all, of the Vindicator’s remaining crew.
How to play:
1. Remember the rule of yes. Build off of what the last poster wrote, avoiding contradictions or corrections.
2. Briefly describe your characters appearance, career path on the ship, and current location on the ship.
3. Decide among yourselves who is assuming control of the ship for the time being, both physically (i.e. in the cockpit) and as far as giving commands.
4. Move the action forward as much or as little as you want; there’s room for character development, narrative descriptions of the setting and the team’s history, and action. Go with whatever strikes your fancy.
5. Don’t worry about mentioning that your character has certain bits of typical equipment.
6. Feel free to invent NPC crew members (I’ve decided there are between 10-20 at a given time) and/or locations and abilities of the Vindicator.
7. Post in the ‘comments’ section below. If it doesn’t work, advise me and I will upgrade and we will try again in the currently locked ‘forum’ section.
8. A new GM posting will be up sometime before Friday night/Saturday morning, ending Round 1. If you missed out, don’t fret and just jump in when you have a chance.